Tired of missing out on your preferred collaborative classroom?
In 2020, UTS open its new building, UTS Central, with two 350-seat collaborative classrooms and one 198-seat collaborative classroom. These classrooms are purpose-built for team collaboration and include moveable tables, overhead and wall screens and points for groups to share ideas. In April, some of your colleagues made successful pitches for space in these new rooms, but some of you wanted longer to think about what you might do. Here’s your second chance!
Do you have some good ideas for collaborative learning in these spaces? Would you like your class to have priority for timetabling, and ensure that your repeat classes are scheduled in the same spaces?
Come along and pitch your ideas at one of the pitching sessions in LX Lab!
- Monday, 3 June, 2 pm – 3 pm
- Wednesday, 5 June, 1 pm – 2 pm
- Friday, 7 June, 1 pm – 2 pm
How to pitch
- Pitches should be no more than 3 minutes. You should talk about what your students will be learning to do in your class and how they’ll be working collaboratively to learn this. You might also like to tell us how the students learning will be supported in class – team teaching, working with tutors or peer leaders?
- Use of a visual/slide is optional, but you can only have one and it will need to be sent to Jo.McKenzie@uts.edu.au by 10 am of the morning of your session.
- You are welcome to pitch ideas that involve co-teaching a subject, combining students from different subjects for a common learning activity, learning activities that might take place in only a few weeks of a session or learning activities that are separate from normal subjects.
Register your pitch
- Complete this survey form to let us know when you’re coming.
- Note: The form is passworded (we don’t want bots finding it on Futures!), so you’ll need to check out Staff Notices or a faculty email with the information.
For more information
Image credit: FJMT