The LX.lab is looking for current UTS students, with lived experience of disability, to become Digital Accessibility Ambassadors. This is a paid, short-term role to assist the LX.lab to create video resources on digital accessibility for academics across UTS.
About the role
The voices and perspectives of the UTS Digital Accessibility Ambassadors are essential for this project. You will work together, devise plans and create content for the project videos.
You will be required to consult with the project team, reflect on the content and offer suggestions or feedback.
You will draw on their own experiences of accessible and inaccessible learning content to create an accurate and informative representation of their experiences of using digital learning environments.
- Contract type: Temporary
- Contract Hours: Casual
- Remuneration: HEW3 – $38.91 per hour
- Expected commencement: ASAP
Skills and attributes
- Capable of working collaboratively.
- Can reflect on and share experiences and opinions.
- Open to learning new skills.
- Willing to be the voice/talent/narrator for video content.
- Able to offer feedback and critique on work.
Experience and knowledge
- Experience or some familiarity with using assistive technology.
- Experience using learning management systems and other digital learning environments as a student.
- Lived experience of disability.
- Some knowledge of digital access requirements and accommodations.
About the LX.lab
The LX.lab supports for academic and professional staff across all faculties and multiple units at UTS. We mix technical knowledge with learning design expertise help all staff with all things learning and teaching at UTS. We offer workshops, online resources, blogs, 1:1 support and more.
How to apply
Email an expression of interest, detailing why you’re interested in the opportunity and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “UTS Digital Accessibility Ambassador” as the subject.
Applications close: Wednesday 2 September, 11:59pm (AEST)