May 2022 update: Portfolium will be undergoing changes that will change how you experience and interact with Portfolium in 2023. Stay tuned to find out how these changes will help you make the most of your time at UTS. Meanwhile, you can continue to build your personal digital portfolios with Portfolium.
Have you ever wanted a digital space for your students to curate their artefacts, projects, skills and extracurricular work? Do you want to help students build their professional identify within a safe working space? Meet Portfolium: our dedicated portfolio platform for every UTS student and staff.
What are portfolios?
In its simplest form, portfolios are a collection of carefully curated artefacts which demonstrate capability. In the university context, they allow students to actively track and reflect on their development across their studies and showcase their best pieces of work.
Benefits of portfolio use in teaching and learning include:
- Promotion of evidence-based practice where students can curate authentic examples to demonstrate their competencies, skills and knowledge
- Ability to track and support whole of course learning as students can selectively curate and reflect on their learning across subjects over the course of their degree
- Capturing a student’s professional identity development and a wide range of capabilities
- Enabling students to start their journey in creating a professional portfolio that showcases their employability
Why consider using portfolios in Portfolium?
Portfolium isn’t just an online portfolio platform. At UTS, staff and students who use Portfolium are also enrolled into the UTS network where they can showcase their projects, achievements and skills gained during their time at UTS, as well as connect to their peers. This provides new opportunities for social learning and encourages students to start their journey on building their own professional identity and connecting the competencies demonstrated in their portfolios to their profile.
With Portfolium, you are able to:
- Design and curate a unique portfolio using a wide range of files such as videos, PDFs, text, images and documents
- Easily connect skills developed in projects to your profile, improving employability
- Share your profile and projects with specific people, connections or the broader UTS network
- Be part of the UTS network where you can discover new projects and connect with the wider community
- Keep projects and achievements attained throughout your degree in one place
- Continue to have full access to build and showcase your portfolio in Portfolium even after leaving UTS
How do I get started?
We highly recommend reflecting good practice by creating your own portfolio – perhaps as a way to introduce yourself to your students, or even just take a moment to look back at everything you have achieved in your teaching practice.
To create your own account:
- Go to www.portfolium.uts.edu.au
- Log in using your UTS credentials
- Create a new Portfolium account
Note: Portfolium will ask for your DOB to ensure that you meet age requirements – this information will not be public.
Where do I get help?
If you are interested in using this platform with your students, we encourage you to book a consultation with the LX.lab to discuss how best to implement this in your classroom.
For resources, please refer to using Portfolium for teaching collection for the latest guides. We’ll be actively building this collection as the product and pedagogical strategies surrounding portfolios develops and are implemented at UTS.