Update from 6 December 2022: Interviews with academic staff have wrapped up, but we’re still looking for professional staff who support students with academic integrity to participate in a 1:1 interview with our independent research partner. If this sounds like you, please read on and submit your EOI. If you previously submitted an EOI but not interviewed, and would like to be kept in the loop about the academic integrity research project and other opportunities to be involved (such as research activations), please get in touch with Ruby.Seaward@uts.edu.au
An exciting project looking at shaping the culture around academic integrity at UTS has kicked-off.
Academic and professional staff are invited to give their insights into students’ learning and assessment experience in relation to academic integrity. An independent research and strategic design partner will conduct these online interviews. The findings will then be used to identify opportunities for intervention and driving positive change.
Your experience and thoughts are invaluable to this research, and topics covered in the discussion may include:
- your observation of students’ learning journeys, assignment or exam experience and challenges
- assessment methods and perceptions of academic integrity
- existing systems and norms that impact academic integrity
If you’d like to contribute further following the interview, we will also invite you to join us in translating the gathered data into actionable solution ideas.
How do I get involved?
To express your interest (or if you have any other questions), please contact Patience with responses to the following:
- Are you academic or professional staff at UTS?
- What is your role in relation to academic integrity? E.g. support, detection, reporting, management, etc.
- Which describes your employment/role (e.g. permanent, fixed term or casual)?
- Are you a responsible academic officer (misconduct)?
- Which student cohorts do you typically engage with? (e.g. undergraduate, postgraduate, international, domestic, OPM, particular faculty/ies, etc.)
We will get in touch with the selected candidates for one-hour online interviews in November and December. To thank you for your participation, we would like to offer a $50 gift card.
If you agree to participate, your participation in this research is entirely voluntary and you may withdraw your participation at any time without having to give a reason. All notes will be de-identified to ensure privacy and only members of the independent research team will have access to the raw data. UTS will not have access to individual participant interviews or any recordings or transcriptions of these. Research subjects will be asked a series of questions to confirm their consent to participate prior to the interview.