- Tuesday, 12 November 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Guthrie Theatre (CB06.03.28)
|9.30am||Keynote by Professor Shirley Alexander, DVC (Education & Students)
Future forms of learning in higher education: What might they be?
|11am – 1pm||Presentations from academics and professional staff across UTS|
|2pm – 3pm||Afternoon keynote by Dr David Kellermann, School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, UNSW
Humanistic AI for Higher Education
|3.30pm – 4.30pm||Presentations from academics and professional staff across UTS|
|4.30pm||Wrap-up and Learning and Teaching Award and Citation recipients announcement|
*Presentations will be split between morning and afternoon sessions and attendees can choose to attend those that interest them on the day. These include:
- “*sigh* this information is already on UTSOnline *sigh* Creating a chatbot to reduce the administrative load and emotional labour of subject coordinators” with Amanda White, Nelson Ma, James Wakefield and Atieh Fallahi
- “In (group) formation” with Jenna Price
- “Undersold and underused: Tailored feedback technology with a large accounting cohort” with Madison Reynolds, Jonathan Tyler, James Wakefield and Raechel Wight
- “A co-creation project aimed to enhance student presentation skills” with Atieh (Tia) Fallahi
- “Development of an authentic learning experience: RIPE-N (Reflective Interprofessional Education-Network) to enhance Interprofessional Collaboration” with Cherie Lucas, Tamara Power, Caleb Ferguson, David Kennedy, et al.
- “Development of Adaptable Resources for Teaching with Technology (ARTT) for Active Learning” with Mais Fatayer, Suman Laudari and Shegufa Zahedi
- “Creating Canvas Experiences: Strategies for Maximising New Opportunities to Increase Engagement and Authenticity” with Bronwyn Hemsley, Alison McEwen, Chris Jacobs, Emily Oquist and Emma Power
- …and many more. See the Program schedule here.
Casual academic attendance (FULL)
This is a day for all academic staff at UTS. We have a limited number of casual academics places for the Forum sessions. Casuals interested in attending can be paid for up to 7 hours (9am-5pm) at the other academic activity rate ($48.01). These places are eligible for current casual academic teaching contracts at UTS.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided for attendees.
- You can register for the forum via the registration form below. However, should you have questions, please LX.email@example.com
- For administrative and catering purposes please register by 10am on Monday 11 November.
Register for this event
Your video, audio and the meeting chat transcript may be recorded at this event. Please advise the facilitator if you do not wish to be recorded.
Bookings are closed for this event.