- Thursday, 4 June 2020
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Zoom – further details provided upon registration
“Alt text” is very important for accessibility. It provides a textual alternative for images and media that cannot be perceived by people with vision impairments.
It sounds simple, but it can be very challenging to write great alt text. It all depends on context, purpose and function of the image! And it’s hard to know how much detail to provide – not enough and it’s pointless, too much and can waste people’s time.
Come along to this workshop to discuss the best practices of writing alt text and then challenge yourself as we work collaboratively to write alternative text for a variety of images.
What’s covered in this session
- Best practice tips for writing alt text
- Writing alt text mini challenges
Who should come
- Academic staff who would like help writing alt text for their learning materials
- Professional staff who would like to know more about alt text
You will receive the online Zoom link for this workshop in your registration confirmation email.
Check out what else is also on during Accessibility Week
Register for this event
Your video, audio and the meeting chat transcript may be recorded at this event. Please advise the facilitator if you do not wish to be recorded.
Bookings are closed for this event.