- Thursday, 20 February 2020
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
We invite you the first FFYE (First And Further Year Experience) forum. This forum is for academics, professional student support staff and students.
Topic – Inclusive Educational Design
How do we design a learning environment or support program in which all students feel included, challenged at an appropriate level and are able to develop confidence in their capability?
In this forum, we have planned a range of activities (including some presentations) designed to help you develop an inclusive learning environment. These include:
- Engaging with the latest data from PQU on QILT 2018-2019 for commencing UTS UG students (QILT website (www.compared.edu.au) has global data for 2017-2018)
- Presentations and activities that draw from inclusive education approaches being developed at UTS, including the “Inclusivity Experiment“—a collaboration between UTS, Centre for Inclusive Design, and external companies Remarkable and Canva.
- Resources for classroom inclusive design practice
- Hear about two projects (student learning journey, and inclusively appropriate language on ‘consent matter’)
Networking opportunities and sharing practices are essential components of our FFYE forum. Academics, student support staff, other interested staff and students are very welcome.