- Wednesday, 21 August 2019
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- LX.lab CB06.04.020, UTS
Turnitin is an online tool that helps prevent and detect plagiarism. It works by comparing each submission against a database of:
- Web pages (more than 62 billion)
- Student papers (more than 734 billion)
- Journal articles, periodicals and books (more than 165 million)
Turnitin produces a similarity report that needs to be interpreted by a staff member. This is where you come in!
In this workshop you’ll learn how to:
- Read a Turnitin similarity report and detect potential instances of plagiarism
- Configure Turnitin assignments to reduce false positives
- Spot methods used to trick Turnitin
- Spot potential instances of Contract Cheating
To make the most of the session please BYO laptop (iPads are not suitable).
Register for this event
Photos and Videos may be recorded at this event. Please advise the photographer if you do not wish to be photographed.
Bookings are closed for this event.