- Tuesday, 7 June 2022
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Zoom – further details provided upon registration
You should have prior knowledge and experience with Powerpoint and Kaltura.
Who should attend this session?
Teaching staff who would like to improve the design and creation of their pre-recorded lectures.
Professional staff are welcome to attend.
What will you learn?
With a bit of thoughtful design, you can create video-based teaching materials that can be easily updated from year to year – with Powerpoint.
In this 1.5 hour workshop, we will show you how to:
- apply evidence-based multimedia design principles in your teaching materials for more effective student learning, using Powerpoint as your primary tool of creation
- use the video editor in Kaltura to perform basic editing tasks to existing video-based material, such as:
- trimming the start and the end of videos
- removing unwanted sections of videos
- creating chunked segments from a longer video.
- generate captions for your recorded videos with Kaltura.
You will receive the link to access this workshop via Zoom in your registration email.
Register for this event
Your video, audio and the meeting chat transcript may be recorded or photographed. Please advise the facilitator if you do not wish to be recorded or photographed.
Bookings are closed for this event.