- Thursday, 5 December 2019
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
What are Altmetrics?
Altmetric (part of Digital Science) provides access to the Altmetric Explorer, an online intuitive platform that tracks attention and engagement with your scholarly content from sources including mainstream media, social media and public policy documents. Altmetrics data complements traditional citation-based metrics and is increasingly used as evidence of research impact.
What will you learn?
- what are altmetrics?
- how to build use cases for impact and evaluation
- how to use Altmetric Explorer to find trending research, key influencers and promote your research
- how to incorporate Altmetric and Dimensions data for complementary bibliometric analysis to research
The layout of this event will commence with a short presentation, followed by an interactive workshop and discussion.
All UTS staff and researchers are welcome to attend.
We highly recommend this for:
- Academics applying for grants and promotion
- Research management staff
- Anyone in a research leadership role
What to bring
Please bring along a laptop and any case studies and examples of research you would like to discuss. If you don’t already have an Altmetric Explorer account, please create one at this link prior to this workshop: https://www.lib.uts.edu.au/got…
Stephanie Guichard & Leonie Hayes from Digital Science