- Thursday, 5 March 2020 - Friday, 5 June 2020
- CB06.04.037, Broadway
An Introduction to the Teaching for learning.futures program
Have you been meaning to make your teaching more engaging for students but just can’t seem to get around to doing it?
Would you like to ‘blend’ your subject but are not sure how to go about it?
Are you new to teaching at UTS and need help aligning your subject with learning.futures?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, the ‘Teaching for learning.futures’ program may be just right for you.
TLF: Introduction to Learning and Teaching at UTS supports academics to develop the understanding, capability and confidence to teach subjects aligned with learning.futures – UTS’s university-wide approach to blended learning. As well as encouraging innovative and active teaching with a strong focus on learning, we aim to build connections between academics within and across disciplines to promote opportunities for future collaboration. The program showcases innovation and highlights diversity at UTS by drawing on the expertise of academics and the experience of students from multiple disciplines and faculties.
In the program you will:
- Enhance student learning through the design and teaching of your subjects
- Combine online activities with face-to-face classes using a blended approach that allows you to experience and explore the potential of online learning environments, including how to build interaction online
- Use Canvas to gain an authentic ‘look and feel’ of a UTS subject, giving you access to a range of key tools and technologies that build engagement, which you can adapt to your own subjects.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion on completion of the program. Should participants wish to extend their development, they are encouraged to undertake the Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Teaching and Learning.
How the program works:
- An introductory 1-day workshop with pre and post work
- A series of three supporting webinars to assist you to develop your practice across the core areas of teaching, designing, assessing and evaluating to enhance learning and the student experience.
Register for this event
Photos and Videos may be recorded at this event. Please advise the photographer if you do not wish to be photographed.