- Monday, 12 November 2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Guthrie Theatre (CB06.03.28)
9 am: Sign-in and welcome
9.30 am: Keynote by Professor Shirley Alexander, DVC (Education & Students) – Towards 2027: the future for teaching and learning at UTS
11 am – 4.30 pm: 50 presentations* from academics across UTS. Presentations include:
- ‘What do you do when no one turns up to your lectures?’ with Amanda White
- ‘Beyond the #YOLO: Understanding Millennials in the classroom’ with Alex Belli and Atieh Fallahi
- ‘Where is the data in your teaching?’ with Simon Knight & Kirsty Kitto
- ‘Enhancing Students’ Employability’ with Susan Merhi, Glen Geor & Joseph Yeo
- ‘How to get students to act on feedback’ with Jenna Price
- ‘Game of phones: Integrating mobile technology into science and engineering classrooms’ with Vanessa Crump & Julie Sparks
- ‘Designing block mode summer subjects for improved student satisfaction and achievement’ with Elaine Huber, Yvonne Davila, Alexandra Thompson
- …and many more See the full program
4.30 pm: Wrap-up and special announcements
5 pm: Forum drinks
*Presentations will be split across three session blocks: morning, afternoon and final session and attendees can choose to attend those that interest them on the day.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea is provided.
- You can register for the forum via the below form. However, should you have questions, please Enza.Mirabella@uts.edu.au
- For administrative and catering purposes please register by 11am on Friday 9 November.
- Please note that there will be a photographer/videographer at the event. If you do not wish to be photographed/captured on file, please let them know.
Photos: 2017 Learning and Teaching Forum
Register for this event
Your video, audio and the meeting chat transcript may be recorded or photographed. Please advise the facilitator if you do not wish to be recorded or photographed.
Bookings are closed for this event.