You can save time by importing test, surveys and pools from UTSOnline into Canvas as a Quiz. This can be done as long as you’re questions are text based, e.g. multiple choice questions and short answer questions. The first step is to export the content from UTSOnline, then import it into Canvas.
- Navigate to the Subject Management panel in your UTSOnline site (on the left side of your screen), and expand the Subject Tools section.
- Select Tests, Surveys and Pools.
- Select either Tests, Surveys or Pools – depending on the item you would like to export.
- Hover over the item you would like to export, to activate the drop-down menu for it.
- Click on Export, which will prompt the download of the item as a zip. file.
- Save the downloaded zip. file.
- Navigate to your Canvas Course site.
- Select Settings from the Course Navigation Menu.
- Select Import Course Content from the sidebar.
- Select Blackboard 6/7/8/9 export .zip file from the Content Type drop-down menu.
- Upload the file you saved in the Source field.
- Choose Select question bank from the Default Question bank drop-down field.
- Select Import.
- Check the status of your import under the Current Jobs section – it should say Completed once it has been finalised.
- Create a quiz or survey via Assignments, drawing your questions from your imported question bank.
Find out more...
Find out how to create a quiz using the Canvas Guides.
Still need help?
Get in touch with the LX.lab team by logging a ticket via ServiceConnect. We'll be in touch shortly.
Log a ticket
Want to provide feedback on this resource? Please log in first via the top nav menu.