One of the main features of Teams is its chat tool. Class members can chat privately with an instructor or one of their peers, or create a private, small-group chat.
To start a chat:
- Search for a user’s name in the search bar at the top left of the Teams window and click to select them.
- After selecting them, you will be redirected to a chat page between you and that user.
You can also search your chat history:
- Navigate to the left hand-side panel of the app and click the ‘Chat’ icon.
- This will redirect you to the chat history, showing users you have communicated with most recently.
To create student or group chats:
- Navigate to the top of the window and select the pencil-on-paper icon.
- This should redirect you to a ‘New chat’.
- Enter a group name.
- Add people to your group by entering users in the ‘To’ bar.
Next resource: Setting up a virtual classroom in Microsoft Teams
Still need help?
Get in touch with the LX.lab team by logging a ticket via ServiceConnect. We'll be in touch shortly.
Log a ticket