- Tuesday, 7 February 2023 - Thursday, 23 February 2023
- Zoom – further details provided upon registration
The Casual Academic Program is a program for UTS teaching staff on casual contracts. It provides paid professional learning opportunities to support your teaching practice.
Who is eligible?
This workshop program is open to UTS staff on active casual teaching contracts in Autumn 2023. You will be paid to participate in up to two online professional development workshops in the Autumn 2023 Casual Academic Program. Paid places are at the Other Academic Activity non-PhD rate of $51.35ph. This is a professional learning opportunity, not a teaching activity.
Who is not eligible?
Those who are in full-time or fractional employment at UTS in addition to their casual academic contract are not eligible for this workshop program.
Registrations close at 11am, Friday 3 February
You may register your interest for up to two workshops when registrations open at 10am, Tuesday, 24 January (a form will be visible below then).
If you are eligible for the workshops, you will be notified via email in early February.
Autumn 2023 workshops
The following 1.5 hour online workshops are on offer in Autumn 2023.
- Building student belonging in your classroom, Tuesday, 7 February, 12.30pm – 2.00pm
- Accessible practices to enhance your teaching materials Wednesday, 8 February, 1.00pm – 2.30pm
- Inclusive teaching for linguistically diverse classes, Thursday, 9 February, 10.30am- 12.00pm
- Classroom assessment techniques, Monday, 13 February, 2.00pm – 3.30pm.
- What to do when they just don’t do the reading!, Tuesday, 14 February, 11.00am – 12.30pm.
- Enhance student engagement with Mentimeter, Wednesday, 15 February, 10.00am – 11.30am.
- Supporting student learning with warm, wise feedback, Monday, 20 February, 2.00pm – 3.30pm.
- Marking in Canvas for tutors, Tuesday, 21 February, 1.00pm – 2.30pm.
- How to help students prepare for their assessment task, Wednesday, 22 February, 11.00am – 12.30pm
You will receive the Zoom link to access your selected workshop(s) in early February, once we have confirmed your eligibility.
Have a question?
For questions about payment or registration enquiries, send us an email.
Register for this event
Your video, audio and the meeting chat transcript may be recorded or photographed. Please advise the facilitator if you do not wish to be recorded or photographed.