- Thursday, 21 March 2024
10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Zoom – further details provided upon registration
Beginner. Knowledge of academic integrity is strongly recommended.
Who should attend this session?
Teaching staff who will be marking text-based assignments that will use Turnitin.
What will you learn?
Turnitin is an online tool that checks for text matches in a submitted text-based assignment against webpages, other submitted student assignments, journal articles, periodicals and books. It produces a similarity report which needs to be interpreted by a staff member.
In this 1 hour session, you will learn how to:
- access a Turnitin similarity report for a text-based assignment
- interpret the Turnitin similarity report
- configure Turnitin assignments to reduce false positives.
- spot methods used to trick Turnitin.
You will receive the link to access this workshop via Zoom in your registration email.
This workshop will not be recorded.
Register for this event
Your video, audio and the meeting chat transcript may be recorded or photographed. Please advise the facilitator if you do not wish to be recorded or photographed.