- Wednesday, 20 September 2023
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Zoom – further details provided upon registration
Looking to coordinate multiple online meetings and catch-ups with your students? With the mix of online and face-to-face classes, organising your schedule and ensuring student engagement can be quite challenging. This is where Canvas Calendar comes in handy, where it can assist with managing your time and student appointments more efficiently.
Join us for our Tooltime session where will show you how to utilise Canvas Calendar, enabling your students to easily schedule meetings with you based on your availability in your Canvas calendar. The session is for academic and professional staff looking to manage student meetings more effectively.
What’s covered in this session:
- Getting started with Canvas Calendar: Learn how to access and navigate the Calendar feature within Canvas.
- Setting up and configuring your availability: Customise your calendar settings, including preferred meeting hours, specific sections, and recurring availability.
- Managing appointments: Explore the various options for managing and rescheduling student appointments.
- How Canvas Calendar can be synced to your Outlook Calendar for staff and students.
- Live demonstration: A step-by-step demonstration of setting up and using the Canvas Calendar.
What is Tooltime?
Tooltime is a series of short informal showcases, where staff from all areas can share a gadget, tool, app, workflow or technique. The technologies showcased can range from anything that could engage learners, streamline teaching or be time savers. Sessions do not necessarily address teaching and learning concepts in-depth, but rather recognise the technology’s potential capabilities in this area. Each session in the series will run for 30 minutes and is intended for either academic or professional staff.
The Tooltime hosts make no claims on the utility of tools and do not necessarily provide support for the gadgets, widgets or workflows presented.
Register for this event
Your video, audio and the meeting chat transcript may be recorded or photographed. Please advise the facilitator if you do not wish to be recorded or photographed.
Bookings are closed for this event.