The LX.lab primarily supports academics producing materials for use in our online learning environment. Often, other projects arise that fall outside the scope of our work. Video projects are often attached to special grant-funded activities, including for research, events, marketing, and other business areas.
Through a partnership with the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS)’s MediaLab, the LX.lab is able to offer support for these funded projects by connecting you with capable UTS Media Production students who can film and edit your work.
As facilitators, the LX.lab will help by:
- working with you to plan and cost your project
- connecting you with a student videographer from our pool
- managing NEO workflows with hiring, contracts and payments
- supplying all necessary equipment (production and editing)
- providing guidance and light support to the students during the production process
- provide account information so that you only need to make a single internal transfer for the whole project
Please note the LX.lab’s role is to support the primary relationship between the project and the student producer, rather than manage the project. This arrangement provides opportunities for advanced students to get additional paid work experience, while providing you with a cost-effective and easy to access source of talented videographers. Student producers are employed at HEW Level 4.1.
If you have a special funded project you would like to discuss with us, please book a consultation via Service Connect.