- Wednesday, 28 June 2023
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Zoom – further details provided upon registration
Who should attend this session?
Teaching staff who would like to learn more about how to be inclusive in their teaching.
Professional staff are welcome to attend.
What will you learn?
For those with hearing loss, recorded video and audio lectures without captions and/or transcripts will be inaccessible to them. Therefore, captions and transcripts are critical to enabling these students to engage with your recorded lectures.
Not only do captions and transcripts help those with hearing loss, but also benefit other students, such as those who are non-expert users of the English language.
In this 1 hour session, you will explore how:
- captions and transcripts make a difference.
- to improve your captions for your recorded video lectures.
- to edit your captions for your recorded video lectures.
- to add transcripts for your recorded lectures.
You will receive the link to access this workshop via Zoom in your registration email.
Register for this event
Your video, audio and the meeting chat transcript may be recorded or photographed. Please advise the facilitator if you do not wish to be recorded or photographed.