- Monday, 22 October 2018
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- LX.lab CB06.04.020
Facilitated by the UTS Library eScholarship team
Given the University’s commitment to social impact as seen through its support of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals as well as the recent launch of the UTS Centre for Social Justice and Inclusion, it is important for researchers at UTS to understand the concept of scholarship for the public good. Funders such as the Australian Research Council are increasingly prioritising ‘openness’ in both the granting of funds and assessment of publicly funded research.
In this session, the Library will:
- help you understand University requirements relating to Open Scholarship
- help bust some myths around Open Access
- show how broad dissemination and easy repository deposit of research can contribute to your career
- share ways that Open Access can benefit researcher-authors at a variety of career stages in a variety of different ways
- share methods for how UTS researchers can leverage other Global Open Scholarship practices for their own professional / career needs and, at the same time, the public good
All academics are welcome to attend.
Bookings required. BYO laptop.
Register for this event
Your video, audio and the meeting chat transcript may be recorded at this event. Please advise the facilitator if you do not wish to be recorded.
Bookings are closed for this event.