- Thursday, 29 June 2023
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Zoom – further details provided upon registration
Beginner – Intermediate
Who should attend this session?
All teaching staff who are looking for time-friendly ways to adapt and enhance their traditional lectures and build engagement through pre-recorded video.
Professional staff are welcome to attend.
What will you learn?
In this hands-on workshop, we will outline ways to improve the structure of your recorded lectures to build student engagement.
You’ll start with a traditional 1-hour lecture or a week’s content block, and repurpose it for the online environment. This will include:
- identifying, structuring and framing your content through key concepts
- introducing easy setup, low-stakes interactive or participatory opportunities for students to engage
- developing a clear plan to transform your existing lectures
For this session, bring along a recorded lecture experience that you have created or are currently developing, to work with, in the session. This could be a:
- lecture recording, or
- set of lecture notes, or
- a set of lecture slides, or
- a lecture transcript.
By the end of this session, you will have developed a plan to help you move forward with transitioning at least one of your recorded lectures.
You will receive the link to access this workshop via Zoom in your registration email.
Register for this event
Your video, audio and the meeting chat transcript may be recorded or photographed. Please advise the facilitator if you do not wish to be recorded or photographed.