You can copy course content such as assignments, modules, pages, and discussions from other Canvas courses using the Course Import Tool. You will need to have access to both Canvas courses to do this.
The following tutorial video (4:42 mins) shows you how to import content. Start at 40-second mark for the useful bit.
For Subject Coordinators going through the LX Transformation, you can use the following instructions to import pages and modules from your faculty’s template Canvas course. If you do not have access to the Canvas course please log a ticket via ServiceConnect.
- Navigate to the Canvas course you would like to copy the content into.
- Select Settings in the Course Menu.
- Select Import Course Content in the right-hand menu.
- Select Copy Canvas Course from the drop-down menu labeled content type.
- Select the course you would like to copy content from (in the case of your faculty template Canvas course, it will have your faculty as a prefix, followed by ‘templates’ e.g. ‘FASS – Templates’).
- Choose the select specific content from the radio button option.
- Select the blue import button. The course will be added to a list below titled ‘Current jobs’. It will indicate that it is ‘waiting for selection’.
- Choose the select content button.
- Select the relevant pages or modules you would like to copy to your Canvas course.
- Select the blue select content button. The course copy job will change status from ‘waiting for selection’ to ‘queued’ and finally ‘running’. Once the process is complete, the items you have selected will be added to the respective part of your site (i.e., if you copied a module, it will be added to your modules list; a page will be added to the pages area, etc).
How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?
Still need help?
Get in touch with the LX.lab team by logging a ticket via ServiceConnect. We'll be in touch shortly.
Log a ticket