If you’re teaching over summer, there is support for you. Find out more about the different services available at UTS over Summer.
Please note that the following services, with the exception of Security, will not be available during the UTS Christmas closure period from Monday 27 December to Monday 3 January.
The LX.lab offers a range of online and remote services available to all academic staff:
- Remote support is available from 10am-4pm on weekdays. Log a ticket or book a Zoom consultation with one of our Learning Design and Technology Specialists via ServiceConnect at lxlabservices.uts.edu.au.
- Just-in-time support is available on the live chat at lx.uts.edu.au between 10 am-4 pm for general questions around learning technologies and LX.lab services
- Check out the ever-growing list of resources at LX Resources.
Note that, in light of the current number of positive COVID-19 cases in the community, we will not be providing face-to-face consultations at this time.
For systems access and issues, ITD support is available from 8am-9:30pm on weekdays, and 9am-5pm on weekends:
- Log a ticket on ServiceConnect
- Call +61 2 9514 2222 for help.
Audiovisual services support is available between 8am and 5pm on weekdays. For immediate AVS support in the classroom:
- Call +61 2 9514 1978 for helpdesk support.
- Go to avs.uts.edu.au, for info about AVS systems and support, including AVS room finder.
- Log a ticket on ServiceConnect to report an issue.
If you need information about a specific teaching space, please contact your faculty planner. You can also check classroom availability on the Room Bookings page.
UTS Security are here to help you 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Call #6 for emergencies from internal phones and 1800 249 559 from
- Call x1192 or x1193, for security to unlock your teaching space
The UTS Library and Reading Room are open to students and staff from 10am-6pm on weekdays, and 12pm-6pm on weekends. For library support:
To improve academic writing and speaking skills:
- Face-to-face drop-in sessions run at CB01.05.025 12pm-3pm on weekdays.
- Zoom consultations are available weekdays 10am,-5pm. Call +61 2 9514 9733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
UTS Counselling Service
The UTS Counselling Service provides available and include individual and couples counselling, group work and workshops. Also offers a comprehensive self-help section.
- Call +61 2 9514 1177 to speak to counsellor or email email@example.com
- Visit the UTS Counselling Service website for details about opening times.
UTS Accessibility Service provides assistance and support services to students with a disability including ongoing medical and mental health conditions
- Call +61 2 9514 1177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a virtual appointment to refer a student or for any enquiries on supporting student requests.
- View all services and assistance.
If you are planning to be on campus throughout the Summer session, please make sure to familiarise yourself with our gradual reactivation and Covid-SAFE plan at UTS.