Help! My students are asking me questions about Zoom that I don’t know how to answer!
Where can I send my students for information on setting up Microsoft Teams?
Are there guides for students so I don’t have to answer the same questions again and again?
Sound familiar? It’s hard to advise students how to use new technologies when we’re still learning them ourselves.
This might help: we’ve rounded up all the student guides for UTS learning technologies here in one spot. Simply copy any of links below, or download relevant PDFs, and send them to your students. We’ve also listed the best places to send students for online learning help when you’re unable to answer their questions.
Direct students to the Zoom pages on the UTS website for guidance on connecting to Zoom and interacting professionally in a Zoom meeting.
First time using Teams? Get students started with Teams using the resources below.
- Microsoft Teams at UTS (or download the PDF version)
Need more detail?
Are you and your students new to Canvas? Learn how to submit assignments, participate in discussions and communicate in Canvas with the UTS Canvas student guide. Or use the Canvas Community student guides for details step-by-step instructions for using Canvas features.
Need more detail?
Information for students can be found on the UTSOnline Help site.
- How to submit assignments in UTSOnline (Blackboard)
- How to submit Turnitin assignments in UTSOnline (Blackboard)
Students shouldn’t need too much help to access your uploaded videos, if you’ve made them available to students.
However, they might need help if you’ve asked them to upload video assignments in Kaltura.
Where students can get help with online learning
Because sometimes, you just need to talk to someone.
- IT Support Centre.
- Canvas 24/7 chat.
- Accessible from the in-Canvas Help menu, students can chat online with someone from Canvas 24/7, or free call on (+61) 1800 017 123.
- Online learning support for students.
- HELPS, UTS Library and UTS Careers have moved some their most popular services online. Find out about student services online.
If you have any other useful guides for students who are now learning remotely, let us know in the comments!