If you’re teaching over summer, don’t fret – we’ve got support systems available for you over the session. Read more about the different services available to support you over Summer.
The LX.lab team is here to help you both online and in person from 10am – 4pm, weekdays. We can also connect you with IML and other support areas. For learning and teaching support and help with learning technologies::
- Log a ticket or book a remote or face-to-face consultation ServiceConnect via www.lxlabservices.uts.edu.au
- Take a look at our event program
- Check out our resource pages
- Chat to us live at lx.uts.edu.au
For systems access and issues, ITD support is available from 8am-9:30pm on weekdays, and 9am-5pm on weekends:
- Log a ticket on ServiceConnect
- Call x2222 for help
Audiovisual services support is available between 7:30am and 6pm on weekdays. For immediate AVS support in the classroom:
- Call x1978 for helpdesk support
- Go to avs.uts.edu.au, for info about AVS systems and support, including AVS room finder
- Log a ticket on ServiceConnect to report an issue
The AVS Team operate a Zoom Support Team, which is available between 7:30am and 8:30pm For immediate Zoom Support:
- Call x2538 for helpdesk support
Some UTS spaces will be unavailable during Summer session. If you need information about a specific teaching space, please contact your faculty planner. You can also check classroom availability on the Room Bookings page.
Security are here to help you 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Call #6 for emergencies from internal phones and 1800 249 559 from
- Call x1192 or x1193, for security to unlock your teaching space
The UTS Library and Reading Room are open each day to students and staff. From 8am-8pm Mondays to Friday, and 10pm-6pm on weekends and public holidays. For library support:
HELPS: Academic Language Support
To improve academic writing and speaking skills:
- Face-to-face drop-in sessions run at CB01.05.025 12pm-3pm on weekdays.
- Zoom consultations and online writing review sessions, call x9973 or email email@example.com to make an appointment
UTS Counselling Service
Provides available and include individual and couples counselling, group work and workshops. We also offer a comprehensive self-help section.
- Call x1177 to speak to counsellor or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Provides assistance and support services to students with a disability including ongoing medical and mental health conditions
- Call x1177 or email email@example.com to organise a virtual appointment to refer a student or for any enquiries on supporting student requests.
- View all services and assistance
Please note that these services, with the exception of Security, are unavailable during the UTS shutdown period from Friday 25 December 2020 until Friday 1 January 2021 inclusive.
If you are planning to be on campus throughout the Summer session, please make sure to familiarise yourself with our gradual reactivation and Covid-SAFE plan at UTS.
Main image by Florian Groehn