The LX.lab is here to help staff preparing for remote teaching in Spring session.
For online support, or to book a consultation with our team over Zoom, log a ticket via ServiceConnect at lxlabservices.uts.edu.au
Chat with us via live chat
Our team is available on live chat weekdays between 10am and 4pm for general questions around learning technologies, workshops and events.
The LX.lab is offering weekend support to staff at this time and will be available for live chat, ServiceConnect requests and Zoom consultations.
- Saturday 24 & Sunday 25 July – 10am to 4pm
- Saturday 31 July & Sunday 1 August – 10am to 4pm
- Saturday 7 & Sunday 8 August – 10am to 4pm
Our LX.lab Media team can assist you with questions about recording video and audio at home, editing and using Kaltura. Log a ticket via ServiceConnect and select the “Media Production” tile.
Workshops for remote teaching
If you need to brush up on your Zoom or Teams skills or would like some tips on making your online space more interactive, please register for one of our upcoming workshops. Check the event schedule for more workshops and dates.
- Communicate with students in Canvas | Tuesday, 20 July 2021
- Make your subject site accessible | Wednesday, 21 July 2021
- Active learning activities in Canvas with H5P | Thursday, 22 July 2021
- Strategies for facilitating online Zoom classes | Tuesday, 27 July 2021
- Collaborative learning in Microsoft Teams | Wednesday 28 July 2021
- Communicate with students in Canvas | Wednesday 28 July 2021 | Thursday, 29 July 2021
- Facilitate group learning in Zoom with breakout rooms |Thursday, 29 July 2021
The LX Site houses lots of guides and useful tips for remote teaching. Our key collection for remote teaching is the newly updated Teaching during COVID-19 in Spring 2021. This highlights some key concerns from students about their remote learning experiences, ways of delivering remote teaching effectively and all the best tools and templates to improve your experience. We recommend taking a look at the resource on updating your subject outline, as these are due by July 26th.